Category Archives: emails
10 ways to get a guy to ask you out
1. Be yourself …Few things put a man off as much as artifice. So if you are talking louder or laughing or smiling more than you normally do, ease up. It may actually backfire. (this is the one of 5 Common First Date Mistakes)
2. Extend this point to external appearances too …If you are uncomfortable with very short skirts, high heels and dramatic make-up stay clear of them. A natural look and one that you are comfortable with, is very attractive.
3. Accentuate your advantages …Instead of killing your confidence by following uncomfortable fashion trends, look exquisite by just accentuating your physical advantages. Whether the most beautiful thing about you is your height, your complexion, your eyes or anything else, draw attention to it with flattering clothes and make-up.
4. Take the initiative …Shrinking coy violets rarely get noticed. So don’t wait the entire evening praying fervently that he will talk to you. Do it first. Smile or say hello to him. Your confidence will disarm him.
5. Leave small gates and windows open …After you have surmounted that initial wall, leave small gates and windows open. Respond to him physically and verbally with frequent glances and smiles, commenting on the topics and statements he makes and laughing at his jokes. He will realize that you are interested in him.
6. Find out what he likes …Subtly find out what he likes – food, sports, cars etc and turn the direction of the group’s conversation into that direction. Sound knowledgeable and genuinely interested in those discussions.
7. Position yourself cleverly …If he wants to make a funny statement or share a grin with just you, do not let others obstruct his view or access. Move around constantly so that it is easy for him to see and speak to you, without sticking to his side all evening.
8. Have fun by yourself too …If you are with another group of friends, do not spend the entire time watching his every move like a hawk. It will spook him. Enjoy yourself with your friends, get them laughing or talking animatedly to you. This will make him wish he was with your crowd…and especially with you. If he walks over or saunters past, give him a friendly smile or welcome.
9. Let him know you are available …Subtly indicate that you are not seeing anyone at present, particularly when you are about to leave, or see that he is. If this is too difficult, weave it into the general banter.
10. Discuss the right topics …When you are talking to each other in the group or just with each other, discuss topics that people normally discuss on first dates such as upcoming concerts, good movies, restaurants etc. Sound excited about these things without sounding eager and an invitation may just be a breath away.8. Have fun by yourself too …
love, (chloe’s) mommy
mom: see you in the morning
chloe: i’m going for sushi tonight with my friend. he is treating me.
m: HE? “ill be your daddy”
c: ohhhh, ho.
c: takes one to know one.
m: clean your apartment
c: he isn’t coming over. no condoms in my trash, babygirl.
m: OMG ENUFF. guess waiting til marriage it out, though?
i can be a smart ass too.
” Hi Waverly,
I’m not sure how busy it was last night after I left, but when i came in this morning, the return bin was overflowing onto the floor.
I understand that Heather had an uprez last night and so she probably turned a bunch of elements in after you left last night, however, if the bin had have been cleared out before leaving last night, I don’t think things would have been as bad as they were this morning. I noticed that the boxes that have been set aside for the last few days that I’d asked to have put way have not yet been put away, nor the Morgan’s bumps checked in.
Again, as I mentioned earlier, I don’t know how busy it got for you in here last night, but I’ve noticed that as of late, there are more and more things being left over from the night before that I’m left to deal with when I get in in the morning, and things that should have been started, if not completed, aren’t getting done.
Here is a list of things that we need to get done within the near future (in no particular order):
” Vault Manager”:
- I’m constantly trying to keep tabs on projects to return; there is actually a lot of time that goes into this.
- Checking in the dvds that have piled up
- clearing out things that have been authorized to be returned or degaussed.
- rearrange to make room for the elements that are currently on the floor, onto the shelves.
- go through and find the old hard drives that we have so that dan can look through them and decide what we can erase so that those drives can be put back into circulation.
- degaussing old games elements that are currently up in boxes on top of the shelves.
- Daily vault matters
- we need to get all of these tapes checked back in and back onto the shelf (including the stuff on the back window between the dubroom and the vault). As we discussed the other day, as you are checking stuff in, please be sure to verify that each one is actually showing as “in house”; if not, please correct. As you go, please update any incorrect info that you may see in each record (we discussed what these things are, already). I know this super tedious and really slows the process down, but it really helps speed the process up in the long run (ie: when we’re looking for them for reels).
- We need to get those job master boxes that dan gave us when you first started, out of here as soon as possible; they’re taking up way too much room in here. We need to transfer them into banker/storage boxes and make a spread sheet of what tapes are going into what box and then update the job masters list that we’ve got. Then we have to scan each one out stating in which box they are and then ship them off to storage. I’ll show you how to do this.
- checking in the finished elements and games D5’s that are sitting on the shelf to my left.
- shredding old scripts (once approved) and old dvds that are currently taking up room in the cabinet (maybe dan can allow us to get a runner’s help for this).
- helping with daily vault matters
I know all of this sounds like a ton of tasks, and especially for a Friday, but I’m not expecting that they get done, or even started today (well, some of them can be started today), but we definitely need to get this stuff started on Monday; we are too far behind considering that we have 2 people in here (granted, we’re not both in here at the same time)
Vault Manager “
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their
conversational skills will be as important as any other.
3. Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you
4. When you say, ‘I love you,’ mean it.
5. When you say, ‘I’m sorry,’ look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams
don’t have much.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only
way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don’t judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer,
smile and ask, ‘Why do you want to know?’
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great
15. Say ‘bless you’ when you hear someone sneeze.
16. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
17. Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others;
and Responsibility for all your actions.
18. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
19. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps
to correct it.
20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your
21. Spend some time alone.
one of the messages waiting in my inbox.
10. Don’t get caught up in the way a person presents him or herself. Listen to your gut. You have good judgment–don’t be afraid to use it!
9. Never settle for less than what you deserve. Your standards are high because you are worth it. If you feel that you are a 10 find someone who is a 10 (or at least a 9!).
8. Don’t necessarily believe what people outside of your relationship say about YOUR relationship. People gossip—and what they say might not be true and may hurt your relationship in the end.
7. Money can’t buy love. Gifts can be nice at times, but don’t be blinded by the bling. If it’s love, material things shouldn’t substitute for affection.
6. Use PROTECTION! You may love your significant other, but you should love your body even more. Did you know that more than three million teens aged 15-19 are diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection (STI) each year?
5. Don’t let a person take advantage of your love. If he or she loves you, then that person should respect you physically and mentally.
4. Be self-sufficient. Don’t depend on the relationship to boost your confidence. This way, if forever is shorter than you expected, you will still have you.
3. Don’t put more into a relationship then you get out. If you feel that you are “Doing Too Much,” like singer Paula DeAnda says, you probably are.
2. Never mistake violence for love. If a person raises his or her hand to you, that’s not love. Don’t go back for more.
1. Don’t expect love to be EASY! Be prepared for hardships, heartbreaks and maybe a few tears. But know that love is a learning process that will carry you throughout life.
from editors, lachele fernandes (age 17), and shaquillia meadows (age 15) of massachusetts. Teen Voices Magazine
**cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery,imposture, or imposition. cheating characteristically is employed to create a unfair advantage, usually in one’s own interest, and often at the expense of others.**
girls, what i have noticed about men, they are really boys! they dont live as long as us because they dont express feelings. they dont cheat on us because they want sex (i mean, they do) but because they feel underappreciated, or an emotional disconnection. if we spend too much time with our girl friends, they get jealous. and need the attention of their single guy friends, or other women.
if you are a victim of a cheating boyfriend, rule number 1, NEVER BLAME YOURSELF. it broke my heart today to hear my friend crying. she called this morning, and i thought her phone dialed me by mistake. oh no, she was in tears. like the kind where you cant breathe.
what ever happened to an honest man? the kind you can bring to your mom? what ever happened to communication?
[but this weekend, ill juss cry, like i just need to be alone and get use to my phone ringing half as much and not talkin to him all the time, and not seeing him but its like i cant even type that without crying]
baby, i know.
it runs in their family.
one i received today. after one of elle’s comments to a blog.
“I want your c.o.c.k inside of me:
at www_totasha_com replace _ with .”
1. I DONT NOT HAVE A COCK.
2. IF I DID, ID BE WITH RIHANNA.
3. SPAM BUSTERS ARE COMING, BITCH.